Thursday, March 5, 2009

5 Hours Ago

When I arrived at Woodstock High School this morning, the school was surrounded by police and it was in lock down.  I was one of the first busses to arrive.  They were unloading one bus at a time and moving the students directly into the gym.  It has been on the news all morning.  They have arrested three students and recovered several weapons and ammo.  I joked with the kids but was really concerned.  It was very emotional to me.  I had to fight the tears when I left.  I like the kids that ride my bus and I left them in a threatening place.  I have a grandson, Matthew, at the Middle School.  I was glad that Rayanne was at home.  When we were in Denver, we went by the Columbine Memorial.  Its very beautiful, reverent, emotional, somber, sacred.  We don't ned one of those in Woodstock.  I am thankful that this plot was uncovered and no one was hurt.  I'm thankful that they were discovered before all the students arrived.  I'm sorry that school is not a safe place.  I'm sorry that there are kids bent on destruction.  I'm thankful that God knows, cares, sees.  I'm thankful that His mercy was extended to us today.  

No comments: