Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Great Christmas!

Thought I would leave you with this picture of the lights on our beautiful house. Our last Christmas in this house was one of the best Christmases ever. Less gifts, less spending but more relational. Here are some highlights:
  • Christmas Eve breakfast with all of our kids and grandkids.
  • The band playing Mannheim Steamroller's "Carol of the Bells" with images of prophecies fulfilled by the birth of Christ at the Christmas Eve service at His Hands was worth the whole trip.
  • Christmas morning with Pattie, Ben, Joe, and Rayanne. Some of the gifts: Broncos shirt, new camera, tickets to GA Aquarium, jigsaw puzzle, movie tickets, books.
  • Spending Christmas afternoon with Pattie's mom and brother Doug. We never get there on Christmas Day but this year it worked out. I love my mother-in-law and it was a joy to spend this day with her.
  • Going to my Mom and Dad's is always fun and relaxing. Got there Christmas night and stayed until Monday. My niece, Kathryn, and her husband, Ben, came in from Wichita which was an added blessing of being there.
  • Spent Sunday back at Pattie's mom's where Kris, Rachele, Camille, and Joe joined us. It was a good day.
  • We all went back to Mom and Dad's that night. First time Rachele and Kris had been there in awhile. We had a great time. They brought their new game "The Last Word." I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time.
  • Went by the grave site of Walter Raymond Conway, Pattie's father in the Chattanooga National Cemetery. I missed out in meeting this man but I have a love for him. Pattie speaks very fondly of him and I enjoy hearing his story and of his love for his children. It will be good to meet him on the other side of the grave.
  • Good to be home Monday night. Looking forward to a good New Year's!

No comments: