Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm Back!

  • Sorry for taking so long to post. Definitely took the week off.
  • Had a great Thanksgiving week that started last Sunday with dinner with all of our kids at Jenny's house.
  • Got all of our Christmas up last weekend before leaving for the holiday. It was nice to come home to an already decorated house.
  • Finished painting Ben's room last Monday. It definitely needed it. We have some water leak issues in that room. My friend, Justin Dildine, is coming this Thursday to repair or replace our water heater and fix the leaks coming from the bathtubs.
  • Left Tuesday for TN. The Sequatchie Valley, just on the other side of Chattanooga, is one of the most beautiful places you will ever see. We never get over coming down the mountain and seeing the valley below.
  • Spent Wed. with Pattie's mother. I really enjoyed our visit with her and I'm grateful that she looks healthy and seems to be doing well after a rough Summer. We also stopped in on our way home on Sat.
  • Thanksgiving Day at Mom and Dad's was great as usual. My mom is a great cook and I enjoy being with my sister, Pam, and her family. We missed Penny and David in Ukraine but got to talk with them on the computer. Their sons, Nathanael and Andy, were with us. Missed my sister, Nancy, and her family in Indianapolis also.
  • Could the football games on Thanksgiving Day been any worse?
  • When we all get together, we are a game playing family. It's a lot of fun. Andy, Nathanael, Rayanne and I played games one afternoon and sang along to the Carpenter's Christmas album. We should take that act on the road!
  • Camille joined us Thursday night and warmed up quickly to her great grandparents especially my Dad. She is too sweet. She was no trouble and we thoroughly enjoyed her being with us.
  • Our dog, Sadie, also made the trip and even the cold weather couldn't keep her out of the pond. Camille got a kick out of her jumping in the water.
  • It was a little hard coming home on Sat. with Camille, Rayanne and Sadie in the back seat.
  • Went to the Pointe Church on Sunday morning. It was a great service and we partook of the Lord's Supper. It was very meaningful to me.
  • Visited our friend, Dennis, in the VA Hospital on Sunday afternoon. He is doing better but still in ICU. Keep him in your prayers.
  • Can you believe the Falcons won again? You have to love that!
  • Back to bus driving Monday morning. The week off was nice but I enjoy my route so it is not a drudgery. It snowed off and on all day but nothing stuck.
  • I'll post some more this week but this is enough for now. I have a lot of thoughts going on in my head and I hope to get them down on paper.

No comments: