Sunday, December 7, 2008

Great Weekend!

  • Began Friday night watching The Fourth Wise Man. Stars Martin Sheen and even has an appearance by his son, Charlie. Good story, good message, acting was not great, but still I would recommend it.
  • Spent Saturday morning working in the yard. Mowed, raked, blew, etc. It looks good. Mowed the yard twice to mulch up the excess leaves.
  • Spent the afternoon and early evening putting lights on the house. We didn't expect to have Christmas here this year but now I'm glad we are. Its nice to decorate the house one last time before moving. It looks good.
  • Took a break from decorating late afternoon and went to the Holly Springs Christmas Parade. It wasn't as good as last years. It was missing our great float and the Clydsdale team.
  • Hated to see the Gators win Sat. night even if my best friend is an avid fan.
  • Went to His Hands this morning with Jim and Donna. Got to worship with Brian and Jenny. That was nice. They have a great building. Music was great. Had three songs that I hadn't heard before but spoke to me in different ways. One was on the cross, one was on freedom in Christ, the last was on fire. I have actually been thinking about fire a lot lately so this song jumped out at me. Bob needs to learn it.
  • Don't worry! I'm not planning to burn down anything anytime soon.
  • Went to lunch with Jim and Donna and then the VA hospital to see our friend, Dennis. Keep praying for him.
  • Did Christmas shopping after that. Made me miss the Falcons game which isn't all bad since they lost.
  • Camille has been very sick so we bought an early Christmas present and took it to her to make her feel better. It was a Santa that sings and dances to "I Want to Move It, Move It" from one of her favorite movies, Madagascar. She loved it.
  • The present was actually from my mom and dad. Thanks, mom and dad, for the great gift! She loved it!
  • Got home in time to see the Cowboys lose and then watched the Amazing Race finale. In both cases the best team won.
  • Decided to grow my beard out. I'm trying to convince my Elementary School kids that I am Santa Claus.
  • Love this cold weather!
  • I miss preaching.
  • I have to sell this house!
  • Have a great week!

No comments: