Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunday Update (and Fri, and Mon, and Tues)

  • Friday night, we went and heard Joe play at the His Hands Coffee Shop at what they call Friday Night@Blue Light. It was good to hear Joe again. Joe Stag also played and sang with Joe along with their friend, Tyler. Joe's voice continues to mature. He did a great job.
  • Great service at The Pointe. A timely series planned 6 months ago yet it feels like he designed it at the last minute to go along with these troubled financial times. He used 2 Tim 1:7-14 (esp. verses 7 and 12) as his text and said that in uncertain and troubled times, fear does not have to take over our lives. If the ups and downs of the financial market cause fear or security, our faith is in the wrong thing. No matter what is happening "I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is . . ." He is able, He is all powerful, He is love, all knowing, always present, caring, full of grace, HE IS GOD! And the transaction that matters is what I have deposited into His account (my life, my faith, my heart, my family, my finances, etc) because that is where I find real security. Amen!
  • The band was awesome and the closing song really spoke to me. I just wish I could remember what it said! It was a Jon Foreman (Switchfoot lead man) tune.
  • Had Bob and Monica over for supper on Sunday. It was fun. I gave them 4 different timelines. Each timeline began with a different date of actually moving to Denver and a different date for launching the church. It's just nice to have a plan. We also are planning our commissioning service on Nov. 8. Make plans to attend. You will probably be getting an invitation in the mail next week.
  • What about those Falcons! What a game! I watched the whole thing. We played great the whole game. I couldn't believe Elam missed a short field goal which would have secured the victory. Then I couldn't believe that we lost it with 11 seconds to go. Then I couldn't believe we won it on the last second field goal! It was awesome!
  • I had Monday morning coffee with my friend, Jeremy Graves, the pastor of Marietta Vineyard Church. He is always encouraging and very excited about our Denver move. He is praying about partnering with us. I love Jeremy's heart for the world and his love for this area.
  • Pattie and I took Rachele and Jenny to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch on Monday to celebrate their birthdays. It was great to spend that time with them. I love my daughters!
  • Went to one of the schools Monday afternoon to speak to a principal about the boy who was suspended from my bus. I was hoping to shorten the sentence but it was to no avail. He did appreciate me going to bat for the student though.
  • Today I have been overwhelmed with the presence of God. I woke up with a thankful heart. It was my first thought and I automatically began to thank God for everything. I'm thankful that God has called me to Denver to plant a church. There are so many people who do not know what God wants them to do with their lives. I am thankful that I have a house to sell. There are so many people who do not have a home. I'm thankful that Jesus sits on the throne at the right hand of God and that everything has been placed under His feet. There are so many people who are slaves to this world's systems. I am thankful that He is the Lord of my life. Otherwise I would be wandering aimlessly, lost, dependent on my own wisdom, talents, and abilities. These are just a few things that came to my mind.
  • This was in contrast to Mon. morning where I woke up at 4:30 am with a sense of panic. That's just to let you know that I am not trying to paint myself as some spiritual giant. I often have to battle to stay above the fray.
  • My thankfulness led to praise and praise is a powerful force. It can set you free! It can loosen chains! It can open up doors! Just ask Paul and Silas.
  • Keep praying for Pattie's back. This has been a long ordeal. Pray that God will completely renew her.
  • I hope to have good news this week!

No comments: