Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Colorado Update

Got a chance this morning to get on a computer so I thaought I would give a quick update.
  • The weather is absolutely amazing and the scenery is incredible. It's colder here in the morning but I think the days have been warmer tahn what Atlanta is experiencing.
  • Spent Monday looking at several apartment locations throughout the city that I was told may be coming open soon. All have potential, all would require a different strategy, not all of them are a good fit for us. We were able to get out and walk around the areas and talk to people and just let God speak to us. It was a very special time for Pattie and I.
  • Had our interview yesterday. It went great. Tracy Spencer was awesome and you could tell that she has a church planting heart. They are excited about us but she reminded me that the process may be slow. It looks like we will be in Atlanta for the holidays which isn't all bad but if it goes to far into 2009 without the house selling or an opening coming up, I think I will go crazy!
  • Went to Columbine High School where they have a wonderful memorial to the students who lost their lives that day. Many of them had strong testimonies of knowing the Lord. There was also a beautiful wall with quotes engraved in stone from students and city leaders. One quote that stuck with me was from a student who said, "There are defining moments in everyone's life but I will not let this define me."
  • We are heading to the mountains today. We will probably go to Pike's Peak near Colorado Springs. It will be fun.

No comments: