Friday, October 17, 2008

Pirates we be!

Today I handed out pirate eye patches to the kids on my elementary run. I had my eye patch on as they boarded the ship and in my best pirate voice I declared, "I'm Captain Jack Sparrow. Welcome to the Black Pearl. Pirates we be today!" Everyone joined the crew and together we practiced saying "Arghh" and "Pirates we be." The other kids boarding the bus next to mine only wish they rode the cool bus. It was a lot of fun. I always said if I wasn't in ministry I would either be a short-order cook at Waffle House or a pirate. Today I lived the dream!

3 comments:

slowtraincoming said...

My friend... I just spent the last twenty minutes of my life reading all of your blog writings so I could get caught up on everything. Needless to say I was hurt by the things I read (i.e. Sept 27). And at first I wasn't even going to leave you a message but finally decided since I wasn't ever going to speak to you again that I better at least say something. You will be happy to know that I will be praying ever the more fervent for your move to Denver. As far as I'm concerned you cannot leave soon enough! Go. Go now. Go far, far away. And don't ever come back. Ever. When you get to Denver... please... stay. Just stay there. Me and my friend Tim Tebow will be praying for you. Dwayne

Ray Brim said...

Sorry, Dwayne. You are one of my best friends and a huge Gator fan but I just can't board that train. It may be why you are a "slowtraincoming." You need to get on the Silver Bullet and join me in Denver.

Nancy said...

Haven't been able to read this for a couple of days, but just wanted to say as a former Waffle House short-order cook, be glad you chose the pirate dream.