Friday, January 2, 2009

How I spent the New Year!

  • I spent the last 2 days of 2008 cleaning out Axios' storage unit. All the children's stuff, Christmas decor, and sound came to our house, the chairs went to Jim and Donna's and the Baptistery went to my pastor friend, Jeremy, and the Marietta Vineyard Church. It was a big job but we got it done thanks to help from my son Joe, Jim and Donna's nephew, Nick, and Rayanne's friend, Nathanael.
  • We ushered in the New Year watching the movie Chocolat. None of the kids were home and we were baby sitting Camille who went to bed early. We had fun with Camille and ate at Zaxby's that evening. This is a good movie which shows the failure of religion to change a person and the danger of tradition replacing true relationships. I recommend it.
  • Used a couple of our gift cards on New Year's Day and took Pattie to Chili's for a late lunch/early supper and then to the movies to see Seven Pounds. I love Will Smith but this movie left me a little empty. Save it for a rental.
  • Didn't watch any football. None of the college games are very compelling to me. I will watch the Championship only with the hopes of Florida losing. (Sorry Dwayne.) The NFL is a whole nutha story. Go Falcons! Go Dolphins! Go Colts! I made this post in September in which I had already dismissed the Falcons and Dolphins seasons and was hitching my wagon to the Broncos who ended up not making the playoffs. I don't care how wrong I was, i'm just glad that I have 3 dogs in the hunt.

No comments: