Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Recap

  • Went to The Pointe Church with Bob, Monica, Jim, Donna, Jamey Boy and Jamie Girl (yes they are married and have the same name!) and their little son, Brody. It is still good to be connected with the Axios family.
  • The Pointe has a great praise band and we thoroughly enjoyed the worship songs.
  • Brian Jones' best statement: "The early church did so much with so little while the church today does so little with so much."
  • I am still not sold on meeting in a school. Its just a personal preference. The Pointe, along with many other churches, does a great job in the school. I'm not ruling it our for us but I want to look into other alternatives before jumping in.
  • Ate lunch at Zaxby's with everyone. Saw a kindergartener from my bus. Every afternoon when we start leaving the school, I yell to the kids, "Hold on to your diapees, babies, we're moving out!" (This is a quote from the Rugrats Movie) They all yell and scream that they aren't babies but they secretly love me saying it. So this young boy wanted to tell me to hold on to my diaper. I love being a bus driver.
  • Watched the Falcons crash and burn. The Broncos also went down. Miami and the Colts did not play. That's good because it was a bad weekend for my teams. Georgia Bulldogs also were humiliated at the hands of Alabama. The only good thing was that the Gators lost. That alone almost makes it a good sports weekend.
  • Went to Bob and Monica's last night for supper. We had a great time planning and praying about Denver. We are all getting very excited and anxious to get rolling.
  • One of my favorite shows began last night - The Amazing Race - and I missed it!

2 comments:

Monica Selby said...

Sorry you missed Amazing Race! Thanks for coming over, it was great to have you all over and to get to hang out and plan!

Monica

Nancy said...

How funny! The Amazing Race is my favorite too! I would really love to do it myself!