Sunday, September 21, 2008

More than one dog in the hunt.

I love NFL football. The first NFL game that I remember watching was in 1971 as a boy of 11. It was the longest game in NFL history and was won by the Miami Dolphins. I instantly became a Dolphin fan which was great timing because they had their perfect season the next year. In 1984, Indianapolis got their own franchise - the Colts. I have faithfully cheered for them since then. In 1986, I moved to Atlanta and added the Falcons to my list. Now, since I am moving to Denver and I must "become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some," the Broncos are my new home team. Woe is me if I was just a Dolphin fan or an Falcon fan. Thankfully the Colts and the Broncos look like they can contend this year. I feel sorry for those die-hard, only one team fans. You ought to be a "one-woman man" but when it comes to football it is not a sin to love more than one team. I always have a dog in the hunt. In baseball, I have one dog (the Braves) which means I lost interest by the All-Star break this year. I will watch the post season but who am I suppose to cheer for? A California team? No way. An East Coast team? Maybe. Hey, wait! I lived in the Chicago area for almost a year. Go Cubs!

No comments: