Saturday, September 27, 2008

Random thoughts

  • Still been working on the house. Ben and I pressure washed the driveway and the sidewalk last weekend. I am amazed at how dirty it was. They look white now.
  • I am going to be painting Ben's room today.
  • I'm tired of working on the house but feel I need to do everything necessary to sell the house. I thought of Noah who took over 100 years to build the ark. I bet he woke up some mornings and thought the last thing he wanted to do was work on that stupid ark again!
  • The last couple that looked at our house liked it but wanted a bathroom in the basement.
  • We are watching Camile today. Always a joy. We also will be going to my grandson, Jacob's baseball game.
  • I've lost about 8 pounds recently. One statement that has helped me was from Pastor Brian at Ewtonville Baptist Church in Dunlap, TN. He told me at camp back in June that "if you want to lose weight at our age, you pretty much have to stay hungry." This line has been stuck in my head and makes my hunger bearable.
  • Pattie and I cashed in a gift card at Red Lobster last night. It was delicious. Endless shrimp, what a deal. So much for staying hungry.
  • A kid on the bus told me that I look like a president of the United States - Benjamin Lincoln.
  • I go for a physical on Monday.
  • Pattie's back is much better. Still not completely healed but better. She starts physical therapy soon.
  • Birthdays are coming up. Ben's is on Tuesday, the 30th; Rachele's is Wed., the 1st; Jenny's is 10 days later on the 11th.
  • Brian Jones, the pastor at The Point Church, is paying my way to a church planting seminar called Launch on this coming Tuesday. Very generous of him and am thankful for his friendship and his kingdom mindedness.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Finally got on here and can see what's going on with you.

Ray Brim said...

I'm glad you found me. Maybe it will help us stay in better contact.