Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why I am for the Cardinals!

My friend, Dwayne, and I are always at odds when it comes to sports. He loves the dynasties and I love the underdogs. He hates the fact that a 9-7 team can be playing for a championship just because they got hot at the right time and I love the fact that a 9-7 team gets a shot at the title. He misses the dynasties and I'm glad to see them go. He loves the Cowboys, Yankees, Gators and I love anyone who can beat them. I like to see David vs Goliath but he wants to see Goliath vs Goliath. I think its because I am a 9-7 kind of guy. I have a winning record but its not a perfect one. I have some losses but they make you better and stronger. The great thing is that I'm still in the game. 9-7 is still a winning record and that's how I feel. I am a winner! I haven't quit. Don't count me out! I can still win the title! I think Pittsburgh is the better team but that doesn't guarantee victory. David beat Goliath because there was something different about him. It wasn't talent, size, strength-it was his heart. And all underdogs have the same heart. They believe! They believe they can beat the odds! They believe they can topple the giant! They believe they were made for this moment! I believe that the team who wins tonight will be the team who takes the other team's heart. Its hard to take the heart of a true underdog. They didn't quit after the 7th loss but got up again and got back in the game. That's why I'm for the Arizona Cardinals!

No comments: